Sunday, January 13, 2008

When it rains...it pours...in a good way!

What a week! I was telling Kevin last night that this week was almost stressful with all that happened. We have been praying since Kalea was born (08/06) for Him to lead us. I knew that I wouldn't be able to stay at ACR as an RS forever with all of the duties that the job requires. It would just be too much for me with 1 kid (and now 2 for sure!). The downside to the job is that when I quit, we'd loose our housing, income, and insurance...that's a lot for one decision! So we prayed...and prayed...and prayed. We trusted that He would work things out and I officially quit the RS position at the end of November. Nothing seemed to be coming together and so we waited...and prayed some more. But, God had a whole bunch hiding up his sleeve.

I already told you about Monday - Wednesday of this week, but I'll recap quickly: Monday - I was offered the Emergency Float Coordinator position with ACR, Tuesday - we put an offer in on the house, Wednesday - we heard back about our offer with a counter-offer that was below what we wanted to pay! The week continued with the same trend! On Thursday, I was offered a nursing assistant job with St. John's hospital...the pay was good, we'd get insurance with me only working 20 hours a week outside the home, but the downside is that it was all overnight shifts...yuk. But, this was an answer to prayer as we need insurance and we'd been waiting since the middle of December to hear back about this position. I accepted. On Friday, we accepted the offer on the house!!!! We haven't heard back yet, but we're assuming that it went through. I guess we'll find out 100% for sure tomorrow when the bank opens again! On Friday I also spoke in person with the lady at St. John's about the specifics of the job. As soon as I hung up (I was at the ACR Office), I was offered an administrative position at ACR! What a blessing as we'd be able to continue our current insurance, I'd be able to continue vesting in my 401K, and we'd have a good income that I could make with the kiddos around and not having to work overnight...I think my body will appreciate it...and my family too as I won't be as cranky from a lack of sleep!

God is soooo good and His timing is perfect. There were so many times when I'd doubt and wonder what was going to happen. Even when I went on my maternity leave 2 months ago (I can't believe Jonas is that old!) we had no answers to our questions. I knew that I could come back to the RS position temporarily, but it'd be so difficult with the kids! Come to think of it...we had no answers 2 weeks ago. Like I said in the beginning, when it rains, it pours!

Jonas and Kalea have come down with yucky colds so we had to miss Church this morning...but it's probably good since I didn't get much sleep last night with Jonas having a hard time cleaning out his nose on his own so I probably wouldn't have been able to stay awake for the sermon anyway!

We continue to work on packing knowing that our time here is coming to an end. The boy/girl room in the back (where Kevin and I store our hobby stuff) is almost packed (I just have a bit more!). A friend came over on Thursday night and we worked on taking down pictures, packing up the bathroom, and some of Kalea's toys. Now I just need to go buy a few newspapers today for packing material for the breakables in the kitchen and we'll get started on that!

Well...I guess I should go get lunch started so it'll be ready for Kevin when he gets home from church!



1 comment:

Marie said...

Wow!!! Congrats on the job offers (and especially the last one that you got and really wanted!) And also, congrats on the house! That's so exciting... I can't wait till me and Deepak have a place of our own. Thanks for continuing to share, its fun to stay updated with how things are going for you!