1) Have you heard anything on the townhouse?...and we said "no" for the upteenth time (we've been waiting to hear for over seven weeks).
2) Any news on a job for you, Rachel?...and we said "no".
Nothing seemed to be working out for us anytime soon. However, God had other plans for this week. On Sunday night I was talking with a float that was working upstairs and I heard that the Emergency Float Coordinator position was open (the person who tells the floats where to go based on the needs in ACR homes). I immediately went downstairs to send an e-mail to the Lead PD to tell her that I was VERY interested! She got back to me very quickly and offered me the job!!! What a praise as this was added income that we weren't expecting that will be VERY easy to do with two kids!
We then decided to make an offer on a house in White Bear Lake last night (Tuesday). Our offer was placed around 6pm and by 2pm on Wednesday we heard back from the realtor the counter-offer from the bank. How odd since it's taken the bank for the townhouse almost 8 weeks...and we still haven't heard anything! We went to look at the house again tonight. It is a 4 bedroom / 2 bath home on a very nice sized lot. The house does need some new flooring, and lots of new paint. The lady that owned the house before did a very nice job stenciling...but peach and pastel blue seashells just aren't my thing! And oh ya...a VERY, VERY, VERY good cleaning. There is dog hair everywhere...including the fridge! YUK. Maybe I'll just by all new appliances since the ones there are pretty gross anyway! We'll see on that! Below are pictures of the house with a description below them of what you're seeing.
Here's the Garage. 2-car attached...not too bad. Kevin and I are both SO excited to be able to pull in straight. We haven't done that for over 3 years!!! Anyone need a grill?
So the pictures aren't in quite the right order and I can't figure out how to fix them, but here is a great picture of Kalea and her friend. Each time they see each other they point, squeel and dance! What good buddies!
And we can't let Jonas feel left out!
Hwre's the bathroom upstairs...it'll be updated before too long. The pinky/salmon color just isn't me!
This is the laundry room/furnace room/exit of the basement! Behind the photographer's (Kevin) back is a big chest freezer that was left and the door to exit the basement. This room is unfinished but is on our list of things we'd like to do to the house.
Ummm...the freezer and the door! :o) Maybe this will be my craft room someday!
This is the family room in the basement. Again...nice stenciling!
This is the view from the corner of the living room upstairs. Behind Kevin is a wall of windows that face South...it'll be great! My dream would be to get rid of that wall between the kitchen and living room....we'll just have to wait and see if it's a load-bearing wall! The two doors are for the bathroom (L) and Bedroom (R). There is one more bedroom to the right of the bedroom shown. Do you like the dishwasher from when the house was built ('85)?
Kalea examining the dishwasher! I'd like to get new appliances, sink and counters at the minimum. Idealy we'd get an island in there somewhere too. Oh...and we're going to take the contact paper out from the drawers too...it's UGLY!
The rest of the kitchen...notice the stenciling? :o)
When you come in the door, this is what you see. Stairs up and down, and as you can see in the picture below a HUGE closet/mud room!!! To the left of the closet is the door to the garage.
Well, I hope you enjoyed a tour of our (almost) house. We'll be very excited when the final offer goes through...hopefully at the lowest price! Our plan is to have a painting party at the house once we close and then redo the floors? Anyone up for painting? Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself...who knows...maybe this house won't go through and God has something bigger and better for us...but we'll just have to wait and see! :o)
It's been fun to see how different our lives will be after this week. Some weeks seem to be so "hum-drum"...not this week at the Muramatsu household! Next time you see the house, hopefully it will look VERY different...that is...unless you come to help!
4 comments:
Wow! How exciting for your family! I hope it all works out!
YEAH! God is good and His timing is perfect. Congrats on the new job. :)
That's so exciting! You'll have to keep us updated. I'm sure we'd love to help paint when the time comes!
Congrats on the new job within ACR. That will be a nice flexible position for you. I like the pictures of your "almost" house. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment